WEBCAM (FINISHED PRODUCT) – IS 616 : 2017
Webcam is also called video camera, and it is smaller in size and attached to a user’s monitor. Webcam are used to record moving images with the help of computers, and computer networks. 01 April 2021, the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has required the webcam to be registered as per IS 616 : 2017 under Compulsory Registration Scheme from BIS under the Gazette of India. While meeting the technical requirements of the standard has not been a challenge, working with the testing laboratories and BIS had not come so easily. Constantly changing requirements and administrative roadblocks have burdened many manufacturers. Aleph India is here to break all the obstacles during your BIS Registration for webcam.
REQUIREMENT FOR BIS LICENCE
There are four basic pillars of BIS Licence –
- Manufacturer – The BIS licence shall be granted to the manufacturers only not to the importers or the sellers. However, the importer can act as an Authorized Indian Representative on behalf of the foreign manufacturer and submit the application to BIS but the final licence shall be granted to the manufacturer only.
- Manufacturing Address – If the same manufacturer having multiple factory locations for one product, then separate BIS licence shall be required for each location.
- Product – Each product needs a separate BIS licence. However, if the same product having different models, then the same may be covered under one licence.
- Brand / Trademark –Each Brand or Trademark need separate BIS licence.
PROCEDURE FOR BIS REGISTRATION OF AMPLIFIERS
A. For Foreign Manufacturers:
All foreign applicants having no liaison office or branch office located in India have to appoint an Authorized Indian Representative widely known as AIR. The nomination of AIR shall be varying as per followings:
- If the manufacturer has the liaison office /branch office in India, then they will become the AIR.
- If the manufacturer does not have the liaison office /branch office in India but proprietor /registered user of the brand/trademark appearing on the article is located in India, then Brand/Trademark owner will become AIR.
- If the manufacturer does not have a liaison office located in India and there is no proprietor /registered user of the brand/trademark appearing on the article, located in India then the other entity will become the AIR.
B. For Domestic Manufacturers:
The domestic manufacturer can directly apply to BIS without nominating Authorized Indian Representative (AIR).